Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Alteration In My Closet

It looks innocent enough on the hanger...

But this skirt really wasn't me. Yet, like many things, it had been hanging in my closet for far too long. (Years.) I liked the look of the fabric and it had good lines, but it was the length that was just not good for me!

So, 7 cut off inches later I have this...

Much better! Casual with a tee and boots like above or oxfords and a striped blouse with pearls to go preppy....it's a basic yet versatile skirt in terms of when and where I can wear it. And I love that!

Which brings me to my next topic. In case you haven't noticed, I have a serious case of alterations. When I get bored with something, if I leave it hanging around long enough, eventually it falls victim to my sewing machine, (or a can of paint or electric drill...) and I've decided to chronicle these DIY adventures in my second blog Alterations and Modifications.
I just put up my first post in conjunction with this skirt. Come and indulge me in my addiction of half finished projects. Maybe I'll actually get them done. Thanks.
J.

And don't forget to enter my Debbie Carroll Warrior Ring Giveaway Here!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

the skirt ended up amazing! you're so lucky you can alter clothes yourself, i always just end up giving things i don't wear to goodwill, because i can't sew to save my life..

www.janetteria.com said...

Love it!

rouli said...

cool look!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Wow! That is one amazing DIY - you look fantastic! :)

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

much better indeed! I love what you did!

Amber
Ambersmouthwash

Unknown said...

gorge skirt x

Punctuation Mark said...

oh so cute!!!

Law1sfab said...

those boots are lush, I love your D.I.Ys to your clothing :)

Fashion Tidbits said...

i think i tend to do that a lot with my jeans, if i think i need to throw them away-i get my scissors out and snip snip!

Vinda Sonata said...

i love the overall outfit and your fierce boots
the color go well together !

Anonymous said...

Loved the lace and stripes combo, and oh my those boots are killer, goregous!

<3 Cess O.
http://blog.cessoviedo.com