Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally Out Of My Closet- Beaded Tunic

I'm not sure why I haven't worn it, and I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it (I even slept on it before buying it,) yet this tunic has been hanging in my closet since the beginning of October...

Anyway, I threw it in my suitcase before heading to New Orleans, figuring I would pair it with jeans if for some reason I needed it. I also happened to have packed my plain old black mini and these shoes...

A pair of Steve Maddens from at least 5 years ago. (I wish to be buried in these.)
(Close up of the chain detail.)
And somehow, they all magically came together for dinner at K-Paul's, a popular French Quarter restaurant, and looked like this...

It should have been a no brainer to pair all of these together, but I guess it was just waiting for the right occasion it be inspired.

On a different note, I decided to try out the black lipstick trend...

and have decided it's not really an every day kind of trend for me. But I like how it pops the green in my eyes...

J.

19 comments:

AH said...

great outfit! the tunic looks amazing, and the heels are to die for! (or in, i would totally want to be buried in them as well)

vint junky said...

Yes i like the gothic lippy!

xxx

Meream said...

Oh, that is HOT. I am always game for shiny things Haha

Diya said...

love those chained heels!! I can see why you would want to be buried in them. chains + sparkly = you've got me.

Anyway, good luck on your tap class on thursday... you'll have to tell me how it went!

SogniSorrisi said...

I love it when I find things in my closet that I haven't worn in awhile that I can breathe new life into!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

The tunic works so well in that outfit. I know what you mean. I have several pieces that I never wear and then out of nowhere they are a staple. It looks great!

The lipstick looks really smooth and not peely. That's what I worry about with bold colors.

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous tunic!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh that beaded tunic, those chain detail pumps - you look gorgeous! And I must admit, I love the vampy vibe the black lippy adds!! :)

Mish Dish said...

Love the tunic. xo Mish

emily viveur said...

i love the chain detailing of the shoes! and you can definitely pull off that lipstick.

rouli said...

cool black lips!!!!!!!!!

keep in touch!!!!!

kiss

www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

Fashion Butter said...

Love that tank!

Marz said...

I love those shoes!! I didn't notice they had chains on them, which makes them that much cooler looking. And they go perfectly with that top!

mxrosie said...

Thank you! I don't usually shop at zara much, but when there's a sale anywhere, i'm there!

http://mxrosie.blogspot.com

gleenn said...

Sometimes it happens to great buys, but when they do come out, they make a blast. This top is definitely great! :)

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i love the chained shoes plus the new layout is great :)


jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Constance said...

Love the black lipstick!!

MalibuMara said...

i LOVE the outfit!
The dress/top is too cute

Pearl Westwood said...

They were made for each other, and the lippy is amazing, very goth-chic. I do the same thing though, have something for ages before I wear it!