Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Charity Fashion Show with Mona Sue Vintage

Even though I may be more of a fan of modern, more minimal fashions, I have a huge admiration for beautiful vintage clothing and I believe that every girl needs to have 1 or 2 classic pieces in her wardrobe just to mix things up. (Hmmm, that's how I decorate my house...)

Anyway, my friend Cailin, from Mona Sue Vintage,

has been asked to share her rare, classic apparel and frocks in a charity fashion show that benefits the Breath of Life Maternity Ministries, a local charity that helps provide aid to women in unplanned pregnancies. (As if life isn't hard enough!) Not only that, but she's asked me to help, along with the talented vintage inspired jewelry creator Debbie Carroll! (So excited and honored!)

So here's a sneak peek at some of the items that she may use in the show, (some are listed on her Etsy site, some are not.)

This is the "American in Paris blouse," as so perfectly named by the show's hair stylist, Matt. I love the print!

This colorful maxi skirt is right on trend! Tee shirt, wedges, done!

I wish I had a full length photo of these jeans! Big bells with a rodeo Mini Mouse embroidered on the hem!

So floaty and feminine! The perfect spring dress!

This blouse is sheer with an adorable heart print! And maybe my personal favorite. I think the grey has something to do with that...

This is Cailin's mom and the hat she's holding is incredible! It has what I guess one would call a fur texture, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of material it is. The color is fabulous though!

I'm always impressed to come across a vintage item that has maintained it's decor in such amazing shape! Sometimes I fall in love with pieces that are beyond repair or will cost more to repair than it's worth, so I make myself inspect delicate items like this before I buy them to be sure it's not going to crumble or fall apart after the first use. And this was near perfect!

They have so many beautiful pieces, it's hard to choose what I should share with you, so I'm going to stop here!

For those of you who are local and would like to attend the show, here's the info...

Saturday May 7th at 2:00 PM
Great Hills Baptist Church
Tickets are $5

J.

No comments: