Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Time Has Come

My basket of alterations has been staring me down for a while now and it's finally succeeded in making me feel like I have to do something about it...

 

There are things in this basket that have been in this basket for a very long time.   (And some not so long.)  Of course it all stems from my problem of buying things that don't fit me well in the first place, but that's for another time.  Anyway, I've completed 2 out of the many alterations so far...

 

I shortened the sleeves on this ABS dress.  I like a long sleeve but this one just wasn't right on me.  I have been meaning to do this for about 2 years...

 
And I shortened these silk pajama pants to fit me.  I swear I bought them for home wear only but I have a certain shirt dress I might pair them with if I was feeling daring.These have only been in the basket for about 6 weeks.

Well, ok, it's a start.  I'm hoping to shorten a skirt (2 weeks) and cut a pair of pants into shorts, (3 years in the basket at least!)  So, that's what I'm going to go do.

J.

6 comments:

Sydney said...

I had a bag filled to the brim with pieces that needed some work and I finally took 11 of them to be altered. I wish I could fix some of the things myself so I could have saved myself some cash.

I don't really know of any comfortable flats since flats hurt my feet a bit. I will say my Tory Burch wedges were uncomfortable at first, but are now much more comfortable after a week of wear.

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Hey, you're taking steps in the right direction! That's what counts! Wish I could alter my own clothes.

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Ugh, I hate when I allow things to accumulate like this as well! Well meaning clothing, waiting for a bit of TLC. It almost isn't right, now is it? I am glad that you are giving them the much needed attention. Do you do the alterations yourself?

Audrey Allure said...

Those silk pajama pants are cute!

Chicago Chic said...

Great pieces! I think the pajama pants would look cute with heels!

xo
Rachel

Pearl Westwood said...

Im the same, I ve got a jumpsuit which has needed hemming for about 3 years and a recent pair of trousers need taking in, there is never the time to get around to it, although I tackled my buttons pile recently. x