Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Fashionable Mental Escape

As much as I love to blog, sometimes life just catches up and leaves no time for it, such has been the case this summer so far.  At work, a co-worker quit and another is on maternity leave.  At home, I'm planning my wedding and spending a crazy amount of money at the dentist both of which have cut into my clothing budget in a big way.  Not to mention catching a virus and having no voice (I won't even bring up the cold sore...STRESS!)  So what's a girl to do?  Alterations apparently.  At least that's what I seem to be doing in what little spare time I have.

Earlier this year I pulled out all of things out of my closet that I haven't worn or have worn only once due to the fact that they need altering.  Now that I've gotten through some of them it's like an entirely new wardrobe! (Recognize some?  A few have already made their way to a post.)   Anyway, I think these projects are my way of escaping or perhaps it's because I can see progress quickly...or maybe I just want something new to wear.


The crop top in front, (just a shirt I was getting rid of,)  is an experiment, I'm not sure I want to take it back to the 80's.  And so far the experiment is a failure...I haven't had the nerve to wear it yet.  Maybe tomorrow? 

And no, the BF is not thrilled about the fact that the ironing board has been set up in the living room since the beginning of June, but hey, I wanted to elope.
(Wait, that makes me look like a poop...I'm not anti-wedding, I had just never thought about it!) 
Anyway, he's got a while before it's coming down, there's more waiting to be altered...

J.

4 comments:

Shybiker said...

How smart! We all have piles of neglected clothes that can have a second life breathed into them. Good work!

Hope you're feeling better and working less.

MalibuMara said...

I'm going to do that, I'm also moving soon so I will be donating a ton of stuff!

AND Im excited for Howard, I think if they bond well they'll have a good team in a year or 2 (If we can keep Parsons, he's sooo underpaid)

Style Journey said...

I think altering your clothes is a great idea. You can escape stress, save some money and get a whole new wardrobe!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm so bad at DIY that I never so much as attempt altering - I believe it wouldn't end well.

But you can do it! And you can also rock that crop top {which I'm loving BTW}. :)