Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New to My Home - New Kitchen Closet

After putting it off for about 5 months, I've finally installed shelving in my kitchen. The kitchen was remodeled in August/September, but the closet wasn't part of it. Originally, this space was used for the washer and dryer but those went out into the garage.

Actually, I did attempt to install them in October but that ended up in a disaster and me screaming...it takes a lot for me to get to that point but I had it that day. The wire shelves dug into the wall and I had to spackle the hole and repaint it. And no shelves were hung.

(Some damage from my previous attempt on the right hand wall.)

This time however, it worked out beautifully. I was nervous about putting the microwave on a shelf but it held! Hooray! It did take me a long time to do it though...I recommend a good drill. Mine is so wimpy.

Ok, it's been a long day. I'm going to bed.

J.

1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the way you've outfitted the closet. The way you've assembled your appliances inside looks so vintage. Great idea!! :)