Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Day, Another Day Dress

I've had this dress in my closet for about 5 years.....

And every time I put it on I think to myself that maybe this one is ready to go.

This particular shade is not one of my favorites, but it really doesn't look so bad when I put it on, in fact I get quite a few compliments when I'm out and about. It also happens to be very comfy in the summer and just by changing up my shoes and accessories it can go from day dress to brunch. (Or picnic.)
And I love the minimal detail of the pintucks at the top...

Pintucks are my down fall!

So really, it still fits the qualifying needs of my closet. Which is why it still happens to be hanging in there. (And that's good real estate!)

How do you decide when a piece of clothing has expired? Do you remove it entirely or just store it away for a while?

J.

8 comments:

Chicago Chic said...

This dress is so lovely and vibrant and you look so tan and beautiful in it! I do understand what you mean about letting go of stuff you just don't wear though. It can be tough to decide!

xo
Rachel

Cathy Benavides said...

Love it! I have no words other than stunning. That color is perfect for you :)

Anonymous said...

i love it! stunning colour!

i try to get rid of stuff i don't wear, unless it's something really beautiful that won't go out of style or i just know i'll need it someday... i have on occasion regretted giving things to the salvation army, but mostly i never even miss it...

Malibu Mara said...

I think it looks good on you!
with my closet it really just depends, some things I know I hate and can give away but there are tank tops that i pull out after a few years and wear again!

MalibuMara

Amandamarie said...

i think it looks great, especially the color on you! i say keep it, you never know when you might go back to it again :)

xx

Cafe Fashionista said...

Personally, I love it! The color looks beautiful on you - and I adore the way you've styled it.

Typically I make the decision on whether to keep something or not based upon how often I wear it. If I never wear it, it has to go! :)

fashioneggpplant said...

lovely dress! i usually store things away depending on the season. anything i haven't worn in 6 months, i get rid off :)

emily said...

actually i think the color is beautiful and very eye-catching! it looks great on you too.