Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Never Worn Out Of The Closet- A Bunch Of Stuff

Well, this is a little embarrassing! I decided to go through my closet and dresser and pull out everything that I have never worn...


Nope, not even once have I worn these things except to try them on then take them off. It comes to over 30 items!!! Yikes!

Don't get me wrong...I've gone through and pulled out the things that I'm never going to wear, (and this doesn't include the pieces waiting to be altered,) so these are the items that I intend to wear...someday...and a lot of these things are winter wear only, so they'll have to wait until probably November until I get some use out of them.

So with that realization upon me, I've decided that maybe a shopping ban is in order for at least the next month, possibly longer! And I need to incorporate as many of these items into my daily wear. So be prepared for some first timers to show up on the blog.

(Please tell me I'm not the only one with this much stuff!)
J.

16 comments:

joei ♥ said...

You're not the only one. I have closets of stuff I have yet to wear. Really need to do some organizing and cleaning! :/

Definitely, Maybe

Laurel said...

This is a great thing to do because it can inspire so many new outfits and save you money! In my case I would of course have to go out and find something new to wear with my old stuff, though :)

Unknown said...

ME TOO!

Dude can I raid your closet? I know you're tinier than me but maybe we can do some sort of clothing swap...

Jay said...

haha!i completely understand how you feel. i have the same problem.
http://bddesignclub.blogspot.com/
i design blogs,logos.etc. at an affordable price so contact me if your interested.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i think i only have a few never worn-items in my closet... 5 at the most... or maybe 10? maybe it's time for me to go through my closet, too!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

It happens to me too! You should just force yourself to wear an item for a day, and see how it goes. Or, you could host a swap!!

Amber
Ambersmouthwash

Froso M. said...

Ok, we are girls, all of us have the same obsession, I totally feel you!

xoxo,
Froso from Style Nirvana

Style Journey said...

You are not the only one! I went on a shopping ban for about 2 months and I finally broke. Then I went totally nuts. Back on the shopping ban again.

oomph. said...

i have a bunch of things, too! when you really think about it, we do have waay too much!

[oomph.]

Meream said...

YOu're definitely not the only one. But I can honestly say I don't have 30 never-worn items. You've been a very bad girl! Haha I kid.

Perhaps you can sell them? :)

Audrey Allure said...

Haha, I'm probably guilty of even more items in my closet that I intend to wear in the future but haven't yet.

Cecylia said...

lol I have tooo many clothes too...really need to do a detox :D Just make sure you try everything on and give away anything you're not sure about

Come follow my blog sweetie :)

rouli said...

greaaaaaaat

A Gluten Freestyle said...

I am RIGHT there with you... I did an eBay clearout not that long ago... and I'm still finding stuff I've only worn once. Hey, all part of being a fashion loving girl!

xv

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I'm contemplating joining you on your shopping ban - though with fall quickly approaching, I imagine I will soon be hunting for the perfect sweater! :P

Chicago Chic said...

You have inspired me to go through my closet and actually decide what I will wear and what I won't! It is quite silly that we continue to shop when we have items that are just sitting there, isn't it? I think we all do it though! I just find myself having favourites and wearing certain items with almost everything...

xo
Rachel