Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Austin Afternoon

I found myself with plenty to do today but no desire to do any of it.  Instead, the BF and I got out butts out of bed and explored some things that we had been hearing about but hadn't yet tried...

We started out at this local deli on campus,



I rarely make it down to the campus area, the usual bad parking if you can even find any, etc, but it being Saturday made it a little easier.  I had the "Quick Lunch Special" with a 1/2 turkey pesto sandwich and pasta salad.  The sandwich had cucumbers and sprouts...mmm...

Afterwards, we went to Antonelli's Cheese Shop and picked up 3 cheeses...

 
 Clockwise from top left:
Moses Sleeper, a brie like creamy cheese
Kunik, Extra extra creamy...need I say more?
Brick, surprisingly soft and buttery
We also picked up 2 different types of salami.  I like cheese (a lot) but I'm not really very knowledgeable about it.  You definitely go for the experience, you get to sample almost everything in the shop.

Then we stopped at Drink.Well. a new joint in our old neighborhood and enjoyed an afternoon beverage...


  The BF declared that he would be here every night if we still lived there...good thing we moved.
But I did have a yummy house made twinkie.
Our last stop was in.gredients, a zero waste, package free grocery store. 


For the most part, everything is sold in bulk and not only are you are expected to bring your own bags but plastic or glass resealable containers for things such as cereal, flour, even laundry soap.  It's a very small selection but you can buy as little or as much as you need.  We picked up the baguette and milk as well as some local tea tree soap.

And now the salami and cheese is gone and my laundry is still all over my dining room table...well, it was almost a completely magical day...
J.



9 comments:

oomph. said...

I LOVE cheese, too! Love, LOVE cheese! This sounds like an amazing day!


[oomph.]

she.is.the.one said...

AMAZING BAg!
http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/

Francesca Giusti said...

love this food and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
kisses
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, what a fun way to spend the day! The food looks incredible; and I LOVE the idea of a package-free grocery store. So cute!! :)

Bonnie said...

You are making me hungry. I could really go for some salami. I used to bring salami sandwiches every day for lunch. Ha!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Theadorabletwo said...

That looks really nice! I am hungry now haha :(

Love Storm

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Mmm, I'm all about the bread and cheese! Looks like a lovely day!

Meream said...

Oh I wish the boyfriend and I can go do things we've heard of lately, too. Life always gets in the way!

bravegrrl said...

i'm dying here, that cheese looks soooo good!!!! i love brie!