Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Making The Boyfriend Jean Work

I'm intimidated by the boyfriend jean even though it seems like something innocent and mostly casual.  I never know what to do with them except throw on a tee or tank with a pair of converse and therefore they aren't really work appropriate. 
But Hello Jacket Season!
After rummaging through my overly stuffed closet and trying to narrow down to a more season appropriate wardrobe, I came across my favorite jacket and this unworn floral tee purchased earlier this summer, and thought Voila!  I can wear this to work!

 
I wore a basic black peeptoe heel, an easy choice, but I'd still throw on my converse with this look if I was going to be hanging out with my nephew, much more conducive to scooter riding.  (I am an awesome "ambulance" scooter driver if I do say so myself...I don't get to pick, it's appointed to me.  And I make the noises too.  Think what you want.)

What's in your closet that scares you?

J.


8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am a BIG fan of boyfriend jeans. They look great with heels.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Couture Carrie said...

Love this look, especially with the heels!

xoxox,
CC

FAIIINT said...

I love this, I'm the same, I have a few boyfriend style jeans but I only ever wear them with converse/tee's for more casual days. Great way to make them smarter & more work appropriate!
Also, the nephew story is so cute! I have whole conversations with my dog, so I won't judge about the noises! Hah! ;)

Cafe Fashionista said...

You look insanely beautiful in this look - you totally make the whole 'boyfriend jean' style work! And I love the versatility of pairing them with heels or sneaks - so perfect! :)

melissa said...

You know bf jeans style don't look so good on me I am always a lil envious of girls who pull of this look so well

Fashion Tidbits said...

you work it well!

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Great jacket + jeans combo!

Noora said...

That green jacket looks gorgeous! :)


From Finland, with ♥,
curiousnoora.blogspot.com