Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Look From My Closet That I Never Thought I'd Wear

For $19.95, I am in love with this Girls From Savoy dress...


 At that price point I don't feel bad shortening it AND wearing it as a day dress, even though it is a bit more fancy than I would normally wear.  I think it has come down to the shoes...

  I admit wearing platform sandals like these reminds me a bit of Elle Fanning in this Chanel dress,

(Photo via)
 and originally, I wasn't a fan of this look, but I love how it makes the entire look more casual and much easier for running errands.  Plus they pull out the glimmer of gold in the fabric...

I wasn't entirely sure that I didn't look crazy, but the response from my co-workers was positive, and I have no doubt I'll wear the ensemble again.

J.

10 comments:

Style Journey said...

I love this dress and the fact that it was $19.95. You look like a million bucks and the platforms look fine :)

Shybiker said...

Great dress, great sandals! A beautiful outfit. Elegant, simple and stylish. It doesn't hurt that you're cute as a button.

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

I like it! And I think the print is fun and unexpected. I love it with the shoes too!

Unknown said...

The dress is so pretty!!!

Style Without Limits
Facebook

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE this look on you - for day or night! The black and gold is so complementary! :)

Bhushavali said...

The dress looks super awesome. Love the hint of gold in the dress....
Thanks for visiting me dear. Do follow too if you like! :)
FASHION PANACHE BLOG
Google Plus | Bloglovin | Networked Blogs | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

Audrey Allure said...

Such a beautiful dress!

Chicago Chic said...

You look amazing in that dress!

she.is.the.one said...

this dress is awesome :)

blog she.is.the.one

Laura said...

You look really pretty in that dress. =)