Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Closet Accessory Color-Blue

Blue.  It's not a color that I wear very much or even very often, and it's not that I don't like it, but other than denim, it's not a shade that I own very much of.  (I prefer green.)  But lately it seems as though the hue has sneaked its way into my heart by way of accessories...


I love the blue/black color combo of the belt and the shoes (I was reminded that I had them about a week ago thanks to Cafe Fashionista) turned out to be way more functional in my closet than I had originally thought. The navy snakeskin clutch I picked up from the Hunt.Gather.Style. pop up shop back in February.  It's a little delicate but I use it all the time.

The scarf was a DIY using fabric left over from a dress alteration I did a few years ago.  I had been wanting to really make it into a more finished scarf instead of just a hunk of fabric which never did have quite the effect that I wanted. Finally, I decided to do something about it and it turned into a really great piece.  (Upcoming post.)  But then I had the idea (thanks to H&K Style Journey,) to try to make an infinity scarf from fabric that I had in my fabric collection box.  (Much to the dismay of the BF, but hey, I recently got it down to just 1 box...it was 3!)  It turned out really great and then I had the BIG IDEA that I would try to make a DIY video of it.  It took me a long time to figure out the technology (aka my iPad,) so yeah, I'm proud of it.  And I sort of had fun...for a while...So see it below...here it is...
J.


2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm literally swooning over the shoes and scarf right now. Such a gorgeous combination.

Thanks for the shout-out, my love! you totally made my day!! :)

Style Journey said...

This color combo is gorgeous! So glad you were able to get use out of your DIY scarf. I love blue and black together. Have a great day :) Heather