Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Cool In My Closet - XL

Stupid but true airport story...

The day before Thanksgiving, I found myself shivering inside the airport. Alas, I had left in a rush without a coat or jacket! (It happened to be in the 70's that day.) Knowing that my destination was probably going to be colder outside than it was here inside, I went on the hunt for warmer fabrics. Not only was there nothing cute, stylish or chic, but it was all over priced souvenirs, a.k.a. junk. I refuse to pay for over priced junk. But I was still stuck with the cold weather dilemma. So after hunting down the cheapest sweatshirt I could find ($30,) I dug through the rack for a small. No luck. I took an extra large sweatshirt up to the clerk and asked if they had any other sizes. Her response?
"We sure do, we have extra extra large."

Umm, I'm 5 foot tall...

I bought the extra large.
J.