Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Allergies and The Blues

My allergies have hit me full force with a no holding back smack along side the head, and I know I'm not the only one.  I wake up (that is if I can even sleep,) everyday to congestion, sneezing and devil red eyes that itch so bad that no amount of prescription eyedrops can alleviate!  Today they were accompanied with a headache, body aches and even a little fever on and off all day, typical symptoms of cedar fever which are just not quite bad enough to call into work.  So I sucked it up and went....


I love this aqua skirt and since the temperature made it's way up to the 80's today, (a bit of a luxury in January,) I figured it was the perfect day to wear it.  It's hard to see in the pictures but it has tiny pleats all the way around it and is very floaty when I walk, which sort of enhanced the the medicated haze that I was roaming around in all day.  I really wanted to wear it with a gold sequined tank but the two together were not quite right, but the texture and fit of this navy tank worked well, so I decided to keep the color theme going with the navy booties, and right on up to my eyes...

(Photo via)
Nothing like the blues to chase away the red eyes. I used Goddess Eyeshadow from Urban Decay, which I think is now discontinued.  Rumor has it that lining red eyes in navy creates the illusion that your eyes are less red...I promise you it works!  I probably should actually use (and recommend) a liner instead of a shadow that has some glitter in it while the allergies are bad, but this was what I had on hand. 

Now if it could only get rid of the puffiness and stop the constant itch...I swear it's like someone is touching my eye with the tip of a blade of grass, and it waters up so much that occasionally I have tears running down my cheeks...yeah, it's that maddening.

J.

9 comments:

Lady of Style said...

So sorry about your allergy! I hope the season will be over soon.

However, you look great on the photo and I absolutely love your aqua skirt!
I am looking forward to spring but we still have snow over here in Germany...

Love,
Annette
Lady of Style

Cafe Fashionista said...

So I'm kind of in love with that skirt! The color is beautiful, and I love the hi-low hemline - very mermaid-esque!

I hope your allergies are getting better - allergy season is such a pain! :/

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Well, you look gorgeous, despite the allergies. I adore these shades of blue together. Hope you feel better soon! Oh, and I think it's funny that you don't really want to plan a wedding but your man doesn't want to elope -- it's usually the opposite -- but I'm the same way!

Unknown said...

Great Post!

Hope you feel better soon !!

I'm totally in love with your Aqua skirt it's so pretty ;)


xxx

Janice

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

You look so fabulous in these pictures!!! Happy Monday!
Come back soon to visit on Cosa Mi Metto???
Win $50 gift card to buy amazing jewels on Jeweliq!!

FAIIINT said...

Oh no, I hope you feel a little better soon! :( The best thing I've ever come across for puffy eyes is cold teabags straight from the fridge (or freezer if you can stand them that cold!), it's really soothing.
You still look lovely despite the allergy's though! Love the draping/twisting on that top!

Adora Mehitabel said...

Love your skirt www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

So sorry to hear about your allergies! It sounds awful. :(

On the other hand, your skirt is the most beautiful color, and I can imagine how enchanting it looks when you walk!

Chicago Chic said...

The skirt is lovely and I love the shirt too! Allergies are the worst! :(

x
Rachel