Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Out Of The Closet and Out For Dinner-The Midi Skirt

Hooray for cold weather!  Ok, normally I embrace the sun and heat of Texas but every now and then a bit of cold and gray can be sort of refreshing...as long as it doesn't last more than 3 days.  After that it begins to depress me a little.

But it's perfect weather to wear this knit midi skirt to work...


Yes, there I am wearing a midi skirt, a length that I swore would never succumb to, not in a million years.  Yup...and I like it!  (Usually any skirt hem that falls between the bottom of my knees and top of my ankle bone is a very bad choice, like somehow my calves are only 9 inches long, it's very weird.)  Anyway, maybe it's the pleats that help create a longer illiusion or something but when I first tried it on, I was shocked at how much I liked it, so it went home with me.  (I found it at a sample sale, and there's no tag so sadly I don't know who to give credit to.)  Oh and those boots?  Yeah, I seem to be wearing them all the time.  Ok, so it's never too cold for peep toes.
 

After work I was starving so the BF and I headed out to a new little place I'd been wanting to try, Epicerie Cafe and Grocery.  For a Tuesday night, the place was hopping!  It's really quite tiny and the seating is somewhat communal which I think is the only true downfall to this place.  But it looks like it has a nice patio which I can see myself sitting at when warmer days arrive.


They've only been open 2 weeks, and as far as grocery goes, they didn't  have too much but they did have a nice sized cheese case, a variety of specialty beans and a few other yummy looking treats like a packaged  pressed fruit and nut cake thingy.  (I will be trying a cheese plate next time.)  The menu was somewhat small, but here's what we tried...


Oxtail Stew with turnips over grits.  Sounds crazy I know but it was probably my favorite dish of the night, the turnips were slightly pickled which made for an interesting twist of flavors.


Red beans and rice...mmmmm!  This was spicy but perfect for the current temperatures...sorta sticks to the ribs too.


Fried shrimp sandwich with green tomatoes.  Throw in a glass of red wine and I was a happy girl.  I will be returning...and then heading to the gym...

J.








14 comments:

Neekoh said...

Wow! Two of my faves here: midi skirts and oxtail. You nailed it!

XXo,
Neekoh

Style Journey said...

I think a midi definitely can work especially with pleats and heels. I like it! Heather

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Let me say I really enjoyed this post!!!
Come back soon to visit my fashion blog!

R's Rue said...

That food looks so good! Nice skirt!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I thought midis would never be a style that I would fall for either, but I saw Carrie Bradshaw wear a few on Sex and the City ages ago, and I have been on the hunt for one ever since. I LOVE the color of yours. And the way you've styled it is just perfect for winter! :)

Lauren Williams said...

Love that skirt, yummy food! xx Thanks for the comment!

lauren
http://www.slowburnfastburn.com

MalibuMara said...

Ah that shrimp sandwich looks great! And I have a photo of my first headpiece here: http://www.malibumara.com/2012/11/weekend-wrap-up-fashion-weak.html

Im wearing my other one next weekend at artopioa so I'll post the photo after the event :)

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Thank you for stopping by! Happy Friday!
Come back soon to visit my fashion blog!

FAIIINT said...

I have a bit of a thing for those midi skirts too, and especially midi-dresses, I don't know why, it's such an awkward length but it just kinda works! Yours looks great with those boots!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

I really like the midi skirt on you! I love that you tried something new and loved it! I don't own a midi skirt, but I've been looking at a striped one, that I think I'll like.

And you food all looks so amazing!

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

OMG, that shrimp sandwich looks to die for. And you look adorable!

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Thank you for your visit, wait for a new post of yours!!! Happy Tuesday!
Come back soon to visit on Cosa Mi Metto???
Win a red dress identical to the one Miranda Kerr wore!!

bravegrrl said...

you pull off that midi perfectly!

Ileana said...

Love that top with the midi skirt! Looks great on you...even if u did not wanted to wear it :D
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com