Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Closet Declaration

"I have too many clothes."

This was a recent thought I'd had as I was jamming yet another black shirt into my dresser, followed by an immediate, audible gasp and thought "Holy S^*$! Did I really think that?  As a blogger and a woman, is that even possible?"
Yes, I admit it, it's true, I have too many clothes.   I have a lovely, nice sized closet, filled to the brim as well as the closet in the guest room (but that one is only 1/2 full,) and a dresser that is stuffed not too mention the alteration pile, the Goodwill pile, and whatever happens to be dirty.  But do you think that stops me?  Nope.  Oh, I admire that girl with the single rolling rack of all grey, black and white, organized and very well thought out, streamlined and edited.  But of course I always think I need more than that.  So that's why I bought one more black shirt...


Sort of a basic go with everything kind of top...


Ok, it's got a little pattern and color to it.  But I like it, and now it's mine. 


Pattern mix in back.
SO,
I have a large goal that I really need to start saving for and it has now come to this...I will not be shopping until this goal has been met!  I am determined!  The BF says he doesn't believe it, (and I'm not so sure I believe it myself because I have my eye on a certain pair of shoes...I'm going to have to at least wait for a sale,) but I have no choice and it's simple...If I want to get married, I have to start saving...

I will need major support on this one...
(INSTANTLY I THINK "Doesn't mean I can't look, right?" I will need major support...)

J.

11 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I LOVE that skirt! But that shirt...swoon! Cliche yes, but I have to say it..."Business in the front, party in the back." That shirt is awesomeness!! :)

Style Journey said...

Oh I feel your pain on this. It's so hard not to see pretty things and want them. My goal for this year is to really be selective in buying new things and working what's in my closet already. Doing this Pinspiration week has really been a great exercise. Maybe try creating a few outfits with things you already have to make them feel new again? Good luck! Heather

rouli said...

great skirt!

Chicago Chic said...

I love that top, and what a great pattern mix!

Unknown said...

You look absolutely stunning! I LOVE the pattern on the back of the shirt, and that skirt is too cute =D

http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

bravegrrl said...

great blouse! and it's soooo you...

on the shopping and saving... i know you can do it. start by cleaning out what you have. organizing and simplifying always feels good and it might put your mind in the right place with your shopping. it will remind you what you have and hopefully aid in you only buying what compliments your existing wardrobe.

but i definitely feel you grrl! you can do it!

melissa said...

cute top

Shybiker said...

I've thought that same thing! How funny. We may have a lot of clothes but we never have enough. :)

I discovered I feel better about adding to my closet if I edit out and discard old items I never wear. Good luck with your solution to the "problem".

Ileana said...

Love that top! the back is sooo cute!
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Meream said...

I love the pattern surprise! :)

KK said...

OH! I love(and will buy) anything with tiny dancing animals on it! Love it!!!!!