Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Know I'm Not Alone

As much as I'd like to think I make smart, classic clothing choices that will stand the test of fashion time, (which is about 1 minute,) there are always items that I can't resist buying because they are a bargain and then they just hang in my closet.

I know I'm not the only woman that does this!

This sequin tank is a perfect example of what I'm talking about...and there it hangs.



You would not believe the price I paid. It seemed, (at the time,) that I could do something with it. However, I failed to try the top on at the store and it was after I got home that I realized it was about 2 sizes too big! Now, I could alter it myself, but have you ever tried to sew anything sequined? (Thanks for all the dance costumes Mom.) And to have it professionally altered it would blow the whole bargain that it was in the first place.

Anyway, after digging through the closet late one insomniated eve, I found an old go to skirt and tried the 2 on together. A bit dumpy but then I pulled the skirt up under the top into a make shift tube dress and suddenly I had a sort of 20's flapper look going on...sort of. But I like it and it works, an evening look for sure.

The vintage denim jacket keeps me warm and strappy heels and a pop of red in the purse are the only accessories needed, the top is pretty much jewelry itself.

Now I need a place to go....Isn't that the way it goes?

J.

No comments: