Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Relatively Normal

Ever try to convey by writing who you are? It's not easy, I always think that there's too much that people will think is strange about me and possibly that's right. But I'm going to try anyway, at least you might understand where I'm coming from, (and maybe I might not seem so strange to myself after I'm finished.)
First off, I'll admit it, I'm in the 30's and loving every minute of them! Somehow they're so much better than the 20's (trust me,) more stable, with the only real downfall being that I'm in my 30's! I was kind of nervous when I hit them, perhaps a bit unprepared because I didn't think much past the 20's. However, I look back now and realize that while I had a good time, I wouldn't want to relive them. There really are some things that should only be tried once in a lifetime. Enough said.
I have a job that I love, retail merchandising and design, with a great company. It requires me to push around a lot of furniture, climbing up and down (very tall) ladders, and I get to play with some very cool, very beautiful home goods from dinnerware to bed linens... life could be much worse as far as working goes.
Really I could go on and on about all the blessings I have in my life and there are many but I need to talk about why I've decided to start this blog. I love fashion and clothing and just about everything that goes with it, including doing my laundry. I enjoy reading other blogs but the majority of them are geared for people in their 20's and they have jobs that allow them to wear fun, crazy, beautiful clothing. If you've kept up, neither hold true for me. Maybe I'm relatively normal, but that means a lot of us are. So I'm writing for the 30 somethings who would wear their heels on truck day...if their job allowed it.
Most importantly, liking how you look can be a major influence on how you feel when you walk out the door every day. Shouldn't you feel good?

Hmm...getting a bit cheesy, but you get the point.

J.

No comments: