Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Making It My Own -The Stained Glass Dress


I've had this Donna Morgan dress for a few years and I love the pattern. It reminds me of stained glass and has pockets which always up the value in my opinion.

(Close up of the pattern.)

The length, however, was always just a little too long on me and which made it a tad frumpy on a person my size.

Sewing Project!

Of course it's one of those things that get put on the back burner for a while, but here I am, healing from some dental work both physically and pocketbook wise, so now I have plenty of time to do it.

This was not an easy fix! The skirt is a circle and hemming on a curve takes a bit of patience. But I like working with fabric, and it can be molded into just the right shape if you give it a little time.

This is the scariest part! I had to hem it about 8 inches, and it's always nerve wracking when you get to the cutting.


It also has an attached slip that gives it volume but is equally a pain to hem.

The finished product makes it worth the while! What does it look like? You'll have to wait and see...I tried it on with several pairs of shoes and each pair gave it a different look from party to Maria Von Trapp. (Sound of Music for those who don't know...)

J.

No comments: