Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Does This Mean I'm In?

I find it odd when basics in my wardrobe become an "It" item. The black and white stripe tank is a good example. Last month I was standing in line at the grocery check out reading magazines, and I came across 2 publications that showcased this fundamental top. Anyway, other than with denim, here are a few of my versions of the newly infamous shirt...

With baggy khaki pants that I've had forever and Nine West platform maryjanes. Very comfortable but a little unexpected.

The wind was blowing crazy hard and my hair was all over my face and sticking to my lipgloss. Yuck. So I cut my head out of the photo.

Close up of an unusual vintage necklace. I need to wear this more often. You can't see it but it has a tree bark like texture to it. So cool!

I've always been intrigued with the shorts/jacket combo. The shoes up the prep factor and I could probably wear this running errands this fall. The jacket is a little warm for this time of year. I bought these shorts earlier this summer from J Crew and I like them but you'd never guess that I ironed them because they're linen and they wrinkled within 5 minutes of putting them on. (I should have used starch but I was out!)

Hmm...I used the tripod with the last picture and the angle makes my legs look stubby. Oh yeah...they are stubby.

J.

No comments: